The red blinking light on your Blink camera can be off-putting. It is especially true if you have just bought the device and were about to use it. But worry not; you are not the only one facing the blinking red light issue with your Blink camera. Many users have complained about the red light blinking problem.
In this article, we will talk about the Blink camera and the possible reasons why the device is showing a blinking red light or has a flashing light on. You will also learn about the fixes to resolve this problem with your Blink camera.
If your Blink camera is acting up, two possibilities may be causing the device to flash red light. Let us understand these possibilities below-
- Lost internet connectivity- When setting up your Blink camera, an active internet connection is a must since the camera cannot function without the internet. Moreover, streaming live videos will also be possible on your camera with the internet. When you initiate the setup, your device will flash the red light 3-4 times continuously and then have red blinks repeatedly until the internet is successfully connected. Hence, if the red light is continuously blinking, it may be because the internet is not getting connected properly. Moreover, to ensure that it is an internet issue, you should also check if other devices in the vicinity are getting connected to the wi-fi or not.
- Low battery level- It is also possible that the Blink camera has low battery levels, causing the red light to blink repeatedly. As per the Blink tech team, when the battery is low, the device will show a red blinking light around five times before the blue light goes off. It means the Blink camera has been shut down, and the batteries are not working.
However, this red-light blinking error is different from the internet connectivity issue red light error. In case of a wi-fi connectivity issue, the red light will blink quickly for a shorter period and be repetitive.
While understanding the root cause may help you learn why there may be a blinking red-light issue with your camera, you will still need to go through troubleshooting to resolve it. Below are some crucial troubleshooting methods to follow for your Blink camera issue-
- Check the LED light indicator.
The first thing to do is to check the colour of your device’s LED light. If it shows red, the problem is with the wi-fi connectivity, and you can resolve this by logging into the Blink camera app to check for the signal for your camera. If the app shows three signal bars or below, the device will surely face connectivity issues. However, if the LED shows a blue light, the device is recording live footage, and while it is in use, you won’t be able to access its video footage.
- Power cycle on the sync module
Power cycling the camera will make the Sync module connect back to your wi-fi connection to resolve the blinking issue. It is the easiest and fastest way to get your device to restart. Remove the Sync Module from the main power and let it stay unplugged for 10 seconds. You should remove the battery and then plug the Sync Module back in. Put the battery back in too. Once the device is switched on again, you will see a green or blue blinking light now. It means you must use your wi-fi router to repair it further.
- Reset your camera as well as the sync module.
Resetting the Blink camera is another good option in case of connectivity issues. You can start by looking for the reset button on your Blink camera. You will find it near the battery area, at the back of your camera. However, some models have buttons placed differently. Now, insert a pin or paperclip in the reset button and press it for 10 seconds. It will get the red LED to start blinking, confirming that the reset is done. After this, you can reconnect your Blink camera and the Sync module to the app and wi-fi connection.
- Reset your wi-fi router.
The wi-fi router can also be causing this problem. It is especially true if you also have connection issues with the device. In this case, all you need to do is push the power button on the router to restart it. Alternatively, you can unplug the power cord from the main power and let it stay unplugged for a few minutes. Now, when you switch it on, the connection should improve, and that would confirm that the problem was with the router. As an additional step, move the Sync Module closer to the router, as the distance between these two may also be causing connectivity issues.
- Use another power plug.
As a last resort, try using a different power plug for your device. Start by removing the battery and connecting a micro-USB adapter and cable to the device to help the camera to function without the batteries. Even though it may be restricted, depending on the availability of a different power point, you can understand if it is a battery issue using this method.
To learn more about what a specific blinking pattern in the Blink camera means, read the below guide.
- Red Light Flashing 6 Times
If a red light blinks on your Blink camera six times, it means the device’s battery is low and needs replacement. And this will generally happen after the blue light stops flashing. You can replace both batteries to resolve this issue.
- Red Light Blinks 5 Times
If the red light flashes five times, the problem is the same as above- low battery. You will also need to replace both batteries to fix this.
- Solid Red Light on Blink Camera Mini
If there is a solid red light on your device, the internet is not connected, or the device setup was not done correctly. To solve this, you should reset the Blink camera, for starters. Using a paper clip, you can press the reset button on your Blink camera. It will change the red light to a blinking blue or green. However, if it does not solve the problem, you should contact the Blink technical team.
- Red Light When Recording
If you are recording and the red light starts flashing, the batteries are down and require replacement. However, it can also be because of wi-fi connectivity issues, and hence you should try to reset the wi-fi router to see if the red light is still blinking.
- Flashing Red Light with New Batteries
If your device has new batteries and you still face the red-light blinking issue, you can use a different set of batteries. There may be a quality issue with the new batteries. Also, you can try resetting the device and see if it helps. If this does not work either, contact the Blink tech team for support.
- Turning Off the Red Light on Your Blink Camera
The visible red LED light on your Blink camera is the Status LED, a feature on your device. You can easily disable it by going into the camera settings on the Blink app. In the app, go to the screen’s right corner, tap on the three lines above the camera icon, and scroll to the Status option. Here, switch off the Status LED option. It will disable the light when the device starts recording.
To reset your Blink camera back to default factory settings, follow the below procedure-
- Press the reset button on the side of the USB port on the Blink camera and hold it until the red and blue light starts flashing.
- Now, go to the Blink app and the Settings menu.
- Click on the Change wi-fi option and then select the Discover device option.
- A pop-up screen will appear now. Here, click on Join.
- Add the details when the screen prompts a password and click on Join.
- Select the Done option when the app shows the message – The mini camera has changed wi-fi.
It should reset the Blink camera successfully, and the red light should stop blinking now. However, if the problem persists, the only way out is to contact the Blink team for further assistance.
Scheduling Regular Camera Maintenance
It is crucial to schedule a regular maintenance check for your Blink camera. You can contact the Blink support team to schedule a visit. You should contact the team for assistance, even for the red light blinking issue.
The Blink Camera red light blinking issue is a common problem and can be quickly resolved by following the above troubleshooting steps. You should also always check the device’s battery status and the wi-fi connection.
I hope this article was helpful and you can now use your device smoothly.