VPN is software that allows the users to surf anonymously on the web. It has many users around, and across the world, for reasons, we’ll discuss in this post. CactusVPN is based and operated in Moldova by CactusVPN ltd. CactusVPN offers block and geo-restriction bypass and browsing anonymity.
CactusVPN also offers numerous advantages to the users. Below, we have taken time to review this VPN, and this is our honest experience with it.
Advantages of using CactusVPN software
- It offers a choice between smart DNS and VPN access service.
- It allows for unlimited access to servers. This makes it suitable for online SEO writers, bloggers, and other people who often work online.
- They have good offers and affordable prices together with discounts depending on your subscription because their network is smaller than other VPN services covered.
- They have a strong logging policy which has local jurisdiction protected from bothersome security agreements. Great jurisdiction allows you to worry less while you conduct highly sensitive work.
- It is secured with six security protocols across varied platforms.
- They have a kill switch to protect your data together with a DNS leak protector.
- Does not collect any logs whatsoever: no browsing history tracks or traffic logs.
- The company is located outside security agreements of the EU. You are not obliged to share your data with any security intelligence hence a lot of compromised online behavior can be legally masked.
- They have a trial period that’s risk-free. No extra cost whatsoever and no restrictions either for the 30 days within which you are guaranteed a full refund in case you don’t like the software.
- Offers a world of privacy. No traffic logs, no passwords and connection traffic is pursed after every three days.
- CactusVPN provides a customized interface for Windows and Mac for your testing. CactusVPN also has apps for Android, AndroidTV, FireTV, iOS.
- The setup is simple.
- It has killer features for both Mac and Windows clients.
- The smart DNS and VPN services are encrypted.
- It works on most if not all platforms; Android, Windows, MacOS, iOS, Amazon, Boxes Box, Linux Ubuntu, Apple, Smart TV, etc.
- Friendly, fast and professional customer support. They are available 24/7 and pick calls quickly and give viable solutions to any problem you might have with a high level of professionalism.
- CactusVPN is accredited with efficiency and a high level of trust from the users.
- A centralized center of operation makes it more secure and reliable.
- Payment Method is easy, secure and fast.
- It is offered in numerous countries around the world.
- Your data is protected no matter where you are.
- No virus or DNS leaks ever. Your location is 100% safe.
Disadvantages we observed with CactusVPN:
- The server speed can become relatively slow even with lower encryption.
- It doesn’t unblock all the content that is geo-blocked.
- CactusVPN allows torrenting but not on all servers.
- The server pack is relatively small.
Step by step guide on how to connect CactusVPN
- If you’re using an iPad or iPhone, follow the following steps to a secure, efficient cactusVPN software connection. This guide will manually connect you with L2TP or PPTP.
- Start with the “general” tab, network VPN.
- Then click the “add VPN” button configuration
- Next, select the L2TP tab and type in the CactusVPN server address. Then enter the username and password of your package. Introduce CactusVPN on the “secret” field. Now encrypt it by selecting “auto” then “send all the traffic.” After that press the save button and you’re done.
- By this stage, a VPN connection has already been created for you, and you’re free to browse securely.
- Log in with your username and password and start enjoying the CactusVPN software.
While connecting from an android device, the process is more or less the same as below
- Start with the settings tab on the menu bar.
- Go to more settings.
- Select and press VPN
- Then choose ‘add VPN network.’
- Next, on the drop-down menu press type.
- Choose IPSec PSK/L2TP
- Tap on new connection and enter the CactusVPN passwords and username that was sent to your email address.
- After logging in you’re free to browse securely. You will need to log in every time you want to use CactusVPN as it does not store passwords.
CactusVPN is a fast track service with good results and has a whole bag of satisfied customers who appreciate the range of services provided and the excellent work of the service providers as well. It’s an excellent VPN if you’re looking for secure and efficient online browsing without spending a fortune on it. We’d really recommend it.