Are you the kind of person who often handles a lot of images on a day-to-day basis? In that case, dealing with different image formats might seem challenging at times, especially when you need to convert the images quickly to JPG format.
Most of the time, users have found it particularly cumbersome to convert HEIC image format to JPG format. JPG format often is the most widely accepted image format worldwide but HEIC format is majorly utilized by Apple devices with iOS 11 and above OS versions to encode the iPhone images.
CopyTrans HEIC for Windows is a splendid tool which can facilitate this conversion easily. So, if you are wondering how to convert your HEIC images effortlessly, then you will find the right guidance through this post.
What is CopyTrans HEIC for Windows?
First, let me explain what HEIC is. High Efficiency Image Format (HEIF) became the main coding technology that was used by Apple devices to encode its images. Thus, HEIC is nothing but Apple’s version of HEIF. HEIC is the abbreviated term for High Efficiency Image Coding.
So, what is special about HEIC?
HEIC images are lightweight compared to JPEG images of the same quality. Since this kind of image coding is compatible with Apple devices and not Windows, therefore, a tool like CopyTrans HEIC or Windows comes into picture that facilitates viewing and transforming HEIC format images in Windows.
Thus, CopyTrans HEIC for Windows utilizes the native Windows Photo Viewer to open the HEIC image files. The Windows based app is also capable of converting the HEIC images to JPG formats that are in return compatible with many other tools and programs on Windows devices.
Notable Attributes of CopyTrans HEIC for Windows:
In this segment, we will look at the few key highlights of this HEIF Image Extension for Windows.
· It is a freeware for personal use.
· Helps decode and open HEIC files on Windows PC.
· You can view HEIC images on Windows.
· Batch conversion of HEIC image to JPG format is possible with just one-click.
· Enables printing HEIC images.
· You can even insert HEIC images to Microsoft Office docs with CTH.
· This tool displays HEIC thumbnails.
· CTH integrates with Windows Explorer easily.
· The image EXIF data (location, data and time of the photo, etc) is retained even after conversion into other formats.
How to Download CopyTrans HEIC Viewer Windows 10 PC?
Now that you already know the benefits of using the CopyTrans HEIC or Windows tool, I will now take you through the steps that will help you to download this magnificent tool on your Windows computer effortlessly. Before that, we will take a quick look at the table below.
|App Requirements||Relevant Information|
|App Name||CopyTrans HEIC for Windows|
|File Size||10-20 MB|
|OS||32-bit and 64-bit Windows 10, 8.1, 7|
|Type of Software||Free|
|Last Updated||13 August 2020|
|Security||Safe from adware, spyware, malware|
Steps to Download CopyTrans HEIC for Windows 10/8/7:
· Visit the download page of the CopyTrans HEIC website.
· Then, hit the “Download” button.
· After this, double click to open the downloaded .exe file and run the setup wizard.
· Grant admin privileges to the CopyTrans HEIC for Windows.exe file to proceed with the installation process.
· When prompted, accept the License Agreement and then click Next, followed by clicking Install.
· Finally, launch the installer to add and access the CopyTrans HEIC for Windows app from MS Office applications.
Q1. How to update the tool to the latest version?
For updating the tool, you have to go to the website and then download the recent version of the tool and install it. You might need to delete the old codec first and then install the newer version.
Q2. Does CTH work for HEVC videos?
Although HEVC uses the same encoding technology as HEIC, yet this tool does not support the HEVC video format. At the moment, CTH only acts as a HEIC plugin for Windows.
Q3. How to convert a HEIC file to JPG?
You need to right-click on the HEIC file and select the option of “Convert to JPEG with CopyTrans” from the context menu. Soon after, you will see a JPG version of the HEIC image file.
Q4. How to uninstall a CTH program?
You can go to prescribed path below:
Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features.
Double-click on the CTH app to uninstall it from the system. If prompted for UAC permission, then click “Yes” to continue with the uninstallation process.
Last but not the least, if you ever need to view and convert HEIC file format of photos to JPG format, then you can easily rely on the CopyTrans HEIC for Windows software. This tool’s HEIC plugin for Windows easily batch converts the images on your Windows system and eases your life completely.