This guide talks about Garageband for Windows free download methods. We have included support for Windows 10, 7 & 8 to facilitate the users to download this music composing app on their laptops, PCs, and desktops!
Garageband is an official app by Apple, available for iPhone, Mac, iPad & all iOS devices. However, since it’s literally the best music creation app, Windows users want to use it on their computers. The question is; do you have an official link to download Garageband for PC? The answer is no! But the good news is; there are ways to download it on Windows computer.
In this post, we will use a virtual machine software (it doesn’t slow down your PC, & gives the ditto interface).
- 25 GB of free space.
- An i3 Processor or higher.
- 4GB RAM and higher.
How to Download Garageband for Windows – Steps!
Install a virtual machine for Mac that replicates Windows OS on it. Then go to official website of Apple & download Garageband from there. Here are the steps.
- Download VMware Workstation Player on Chrome or Firefox. Run the file as an administrator and complete the installation.
- Restart the PC when prompted. It will integrate the software into the OS.
- Download the latest Mac OS version (you can find it online).
- Extract the file. Proceed to unlock the file by double-clicking the folder.
- The installation file should come up. Right-click the file and run it as administrator.
- The Command Prompt should appear. Let it run. It will close automatically after completion of the process.
- Now, open VMware and find Mac OS in the sidebar.
- Browse for the Mac file you installed and open it. The OS will take some to install completely, but it is 100% worth the wait and a bit more.
- Setup your Mac pseudo device as any other Mac PC. Log in with an existing or new Apple ID.
- Finally, look up Garageband on iTunes and install it to make your own music with panache.