Highland 2 is a text editing application that makes the perfect format for all text purposes. This app can be used by screenplay writers, blog post writers as well as for documentation without having to make any changes. The adaptability of this text editing app makes it a firm favorite amongst the writing niche. While you think about the words to use, this app will take care of the formatting and alignment of the text. The only drawback of this app is that it is only available in the Apple Store. However, this guide will allow Windows users to download this app as well on their PCs. Follow the steps listed below and use Highland 2 on your Windows devices.
Steps to Download Highland 2 for Windows
1. As this app is only available in the Apple Store, you will need to use an iOS emulator only for this purpose. The main function of an emulator, in this case, is to replicate the iOS settings on your PC. This will make sure all iOS-powered apps can run on your PC.
2. The recommended iOS emulator is iPadian. MobiOne Studios is also another emulator that you can use here. Both these emulators are reliable and widely used to download smartphone apps on PCs. The download links to these emulators can be easily found on their online sources. Having said that, it is not mandatory to use iPadian and MobiOne Studios only. You can use any iOS emulator according to your convenience.
3. After downloading and installing the emulator, set it up on your PC and launch it. The start screen and the theme of the emulator should resemble that of an iPhone or an iOS powered device.
4. Find the Apple Store icon on the home screen of your emulator. The icon will have ‘A’ written in white over a blue background. Open it.
5. Since you are opening the App Store for the first time using your PC, you will need to sign in to the store to be able to download any app. If you have an existing Apple ID registered with the app store, you can use it. Otherwise, you can easily create a new ID. All it requires is a simple email verification process.
6. Once you have successfully signed in to the Apple Store, you can access, browse, and download the apps there. Search for Highland 2 on the search bar which should be on the top of the app window.
7. Highland 2 will immediately appear as a search result. Click on the Install button beside the app. The app will be downloaded and installed on your PC. To access it, you will find the icon of Highland 2 on the homepage of your emulator.
8. This method works not only for Windows but other operating systems as well. All you need to check is if your emulator is compatible with that system.
Salient Features of Highland 2
· Highland 2 is an all-purpose text editor app. Be it a novel, a blog post, a technological guide, or even university reports, Highland provides users with the best format and text editing features.
· Some of the features that Highland 2 can boast about are its Revision Mode and the various themes that you can personalize and apply to text according to your requirements. The advanced footnotes system with the quick header and footer setting tool makes drafting academic articles easier than ever before.
· The app formats the text automatically. You can also manually change a setting if you want. If you want to make a print out of a certain page, you can quickly check out how it will look on paper using the Preview tool.
· The Highland app has a unique navigator option that allows you to quickly scan through all your work and what you intend to write later on.
· There are several DOC, DOCX, and PDF templates available. You can either choose one from the options or make a template of your own.
· The Bin tool acts like a clipboard where you can paste important excerpts of your text to use it later in your literature.
· Highland 2.5 is an upgraded version of the app that you can purchase through in-app payment methods.
A wider display of a PC will go a long way in enhancing the user experience of using Highland 2. The full-screen mode of the app is very user-friendly and will assist you in every word you type. This guide gives you an alternative to the conventional smartphone Highland.