Are you a gaming aficionado? If yes, Twitch is what you need to sweep yourself into enthralling gameplay. It’s pretty addictive for what it does; you can stream live gameplay for your audience, share your gaming favorites with Host Mode, and once you get popular enough, you can start offering subscriptions to your viewers for twitch prime benefits. The more subscribers you get, the more money you make. Besides subscriptions, donations are another way to spin some money on Twitch, which we’ve discussed in a separate post here.
In this guide, we’ll focus on all you need to know about Twitch Subscriptions, including the process to avail and also how to cancel prime. This could be a tad complicated for beginners, but once you’ve learned the ropes, it seems almost like a cakewalk.
Let’s break down what exactly a Twitch Subscription is.
A Twitch subscription is an arrangement where streamers are paid for the premium access to their content by the viewers. It not only supports streamers financially by boosting their incomes but also encourages them to take up Twitch streaming full-time. As a thanks-giving gesture, subscribers are given recognition among a channel’s community in the form of badges and emotes. Plus, they’re given an increased status within a channel’s chatroom.
What is an Amazon Prime Subscription?
It is a paid service, giving a wide access to the company’s repertoire of movies, videos, books, and songs among much more. Additionally, the subscribers also avail a range of extra benefits, including unlimited cloud storage and discounted shipping on Amazon purchases.You can also take amazon prime free trial. Under this hood, there’s also a choice to avail a Twitch subscription, offering a Free Twitch monthly subscription, ad-free viewing and monthly twitch prime rewards. All this is in a 30 day free membership offer; just to let you know what you would be missing out on.
To avail an Amazon Prime Subscription:
- Log in to your Amazon account and select Prime option on top-left to avail a month-long trial period.
- Post a month, choose to continue by paying a monthly amount of $10.99 or an annual amount of $99.
Now if you’re wondering whether Amazon-Prime or Twitch Prime are similar services or not, let’s dispel your doubts on it. Technically, they both are different. However, Twitch Prime loot is a part of Amazon Prime’s bouquet of complimentary services. So, if you’ve an Amazon subscription, you’ve automatically unlocked Twitch subscription for use.
How to Avail Twitch Prime Subscription?
It though different from Amazon Prime, comes as being a part of this. The first way of signing up with Twitch Prime is to log into Amazon Prime by the following the same steps we’ve mentioned above.
Alternatively, you can also activate your Prime subscription by going to main Twitch website and following the given steps:
- Open TwitchPrime and sign up for Amazon-Prime.
- If you are a Prime member, you can easily sync the accounts to avail benefits. Click the option to connect to Amazon-Prime.
- Once connected, you will automatically have Amazon Prime Twitch and a full access to it.
How to Redeem Your Free Twitch Subscription?
As soon as the 30-day free monthly trial ends, a Twitch Prime user is eligible for a prime trial. However, there is no free subscription available during the trial period. Claim your free subscription by going through a series of steps mentioned below:
- Sign into Twitch on the web and navigate to the channel you wish to subscribe to.
- Click the purple Subscribe button given on the top-right of the screen.
- Now, a box containing all the subscription tiers should show up.
- Click the Prime section on the box and then, Subscribe Free button to begin your free subscription.
Note that you’ll have to manually redeem your free Twitch subscriptions at the end of each month. The renewal of free subscriptions doesn’t happen automatically on Twitch. The process is same as the one you’d do while subscribing to a channel for the first time.
Hreow to Cancel Prime Membership?
Twitch Prime comes with a monthly renewal option. However, if you’re in mind of ending it, just leave it there and the subscription will expire after 30 days. Alternatively, you can click the Following button on top right, navigate to the option Channels You Follow, select the channel you wish to discontinue, and select Unsubscribe. Note that the second way of cancelling a subscription is more suitable when you decide to unsubscribe a channel sometime in the middle of the month. Your subscription will then be free to use on any other Twitch (partner or affiliate) channels with subscriptions enabled.
How to Switch From a Paid Subscription to a Free One?
This is one flexibility all the subscribers need. On Twitch, you can easily switch your paid subscription to that of a free one without breaking the cycle. To do this, you need to follow the steps below:
- Go to Subscriptions Page on the Twitch website.
- Select the purple Payment Info button mentioned on the extreme right of the chosen channel’s profile.
- Click Don’t Renew to cancel your subscription. Doing this, your subscription will work only for the remaining days, but cease to be effective after the expiration date.
- Once your subscription expires, subscribe to the same channel via free subscription tier as per usual.
This is all for this guide to Prime subscriptions like how to cancel twitch prime and all. That’s not to say that Twitch has been pretty cool for our lives. It’s every bit of gaming and happens to be the go-to spot for anyone carrying the love for games up their sleeves. There’re millions out there, who need financial support to relay the best gameplay streams for the community. At the same time, there’re those who will not throw a fit while paying for their favorite channels. Gladly, there’s enough encouragement available in the form of subscriptions and donations for both streamers and subscribers.
What do you think? Let us know in the comments section below.