Developed by Hanwha Techwin Corporation Limited, iPolis is a comprehensive security solution for your homes and workplaces. The iPolis app directly sends in live video streams from your installed Hanwha Techwin security cameras to your smartphone. The feed is real-time without any delays, completely HD, and you can also manipulate several camera functions using the app, the details of which are listed below in the features section of this guide. The only drawback of this app is that it does not have a PC variant in place. This guide will, however, make use of this app’s availability in the Google Play Store and Apple Store and help you in downloading iPolis for PC. Follow the steps below to download the app.
How to Download iPolis for PC
Since this app is available in both the Google Play Store and the Apple Store, both Android and iOS emulators can be used to download this application on your PC. Both methods are discussed here. You can choose to use any of the methods as you deem convenient.
Steps to download iPolis app for PC using an Android emulator
1. iPolis can be easily downloaded using an Android emulator since this app is available in the Google Play Store. The emulator replicates the Android environment on your PC to make sure Android applications run smoothly here. This means the entire Android interface is brought along on to your PC with the help of the emulator.
2. As far as downloading a particular emulator is concerned, there are several good options in place. The recommended emulator would be BlueStacks and Nox Player since both of these are widely used and easily available in their online resources. However, you can download any other emulator as well depending on your convenience.
3. After downloading and installing the emulator on your PC successfully, launch it. The user interface of the emulator should resemble that of an Android-powered smartphone. If that is not the case, uninstall the emulator you downloaded and try another one.
4. Locate the Google Play Store icon on the homepage of your emulator and open it. The app store will show a sign-in page right at the beginning. Since you are trying to use the app store from your PC for the first time. you will have to complete the sign-in process. You can either use an existing account or create a new one with the help of a simple email verification process.
5. Once you have signed in to the store, go to the search bar on top of the window and search for iPolis. The app will immediately appear. Click on ‘Install’ beside the name of the app.
6. The app will be downloaded on your PC and you can find its icon on the homepage of your emulator.
Steps to download iPolis using an iOS emulator
1. The recommended iOS emulator, if you are using one is iPadian. Here again, you can use other emulators as well and it should work fine.
2. Launch the emulator after downloading and installing it on your PC. The interface of the emulator will look exactly like that of an iPhone.
3. Locate the Apple Store icon on the home page of the emulator and open it. Since you are opening the store for the first time from your PC, you will have to log in first before you can download any app. You can either use an existing Apple ID or make a new one.
4. Once you have logged in successfully into the store, go to the search bar on the top of the window and search for iPolis. The app will immediately appear as a search result.
5. Install it on your PC. The icon for the app will appear on the homepage of your emulator. Launch the app, sync the cameras, and secure your places of interest.
Salient Features of iPolis
· The iPolis app allows you to zoom, tilt, and pan the security cameras without having to physically move them.
· The cameras need a secure Wi-Fi environment with a minimum 3G internet connection or higher to be able to provide users with the best experience of using it.
· iPolis supports live streaming, password security, and calendar search along with playback and bookmark features.
iPolis supports up to 1000 devices at a time. With the help of a nigger display of your PC, you can survey the video footage better and faster. This guide is an alternative to the smartphone version of iPolis that everyone is familiar with. Try out this new method to download iPolis for PC and keep your homes and workplaces secure.