Mi Drop is a sharing application by Xiaomi Inc. that has been specifically designed to facilitate sending heavy amounts of data from one Android smartphone to another. The items that you can share range from small images and videos in a few KBs to large games and applications ranging in GBs of data. Mi Drop is several hundred times faster than the conventional Bluetooth system and therefore an instant choice of people while sharing items. Even though the name of the app is Mi Drop, the app is compatible with all smartphones. If you want to download Mi Drop for PC, follow the guide below.
Steps to Download Mi Drop on your Windows 10 PC
1. As Mi Drop is only available as a smartphone application in Google Play Store, the only way in which an app of this sort can be downloaded on a PC or laptop is through an emulator. Here an Android emulator has to be used to download this app due to its unavailability in the App Store.
2. The main role of an Emulator here is to replicate the Android environment on your PC and allow Android-based smartphones to run.
3. The recommended Android Emulator is BlueStacks. BlueStacks is currently the most popular Android emulator in circulation. The emulator is reliable and easily available on the official website of BlueStacks. Nox Player is a good alternative to BlueStacks. Having said this, you can use any emulator of your choice other than these two as well. If the emulator is in working conditions, it will give the same result.
4. After downloading the emulator, set it up on your PC and launch it. The user interface of the emulator should resemble that of an Android smartphone. If not, uninstall the emulator, download a new one and repeat the process.
5. On the homepage of the emulator, you will find the Google Play Store icon. Open the store. At this stage you will have to log in to the store since you are accessing it for the first time from your PC.
6. You can either use an existing Google account to log in to create a new one. Creating a new account requires a very simple email verification step.
7. Once you have successfully logged in to the store, you can browse and download the apps without any restriction. Go to the search bar at the top of the window and search for Mi Drop.
8. The app will instantly appear as a search result. Click on the Install button next to the app. Once the app is installed on your PC, you will find the icon of Mi Drop on the Apps List of your emulator. Launch the app and start sharing.
How to Download Mi Drop on Windows
1. The good thing about Android emulators barring a few are that they are compatible with both Windows and Mac PCs
2. BlueStacks and Nox Player are compatible with Mac systems.
3. Go to the online links of these emulators or any other Android emulator that can be downloaded on a Mac.
4. Make sure not to download an iOS emulator. As this app is not available in the Apple Store, an iOS emulator will not help the download process.
5. After downloading the emulator, repeat the processes above as laid out step by step.
6. Once the app is downloaded, the icon for the app will appear on the home screen of the emulator. Launch the app and enjoy high-speed sharing!
Key Features of Mi Drop
· Mi Drop is significantly faster than conventional sharing techniques like Bluetooth. To give a number to it, this method is 200 times faster than Bluetooth and can reach a speed of up to 50 Mbps.
· You can share all kinds of multimedia and documents over Mi Drop. Apps and games of huge memory sizes can be shared within seconds across devices.
· The user interface is extremely simple and user friendly.
· There is no limitation to the file size you can share through this app
With the help of this guide, you can now download this app on your PC and start sharing files from your smartphone to your PC. This makes it a lot easier rather than plugging in a USB cable into your PC and transferring files. Download Mi Drop for PC and make sharing data easier than ever before!