Miracast for pc is a solution to duplicate the display screen of your device to another device using Wi-Fi signals to and from the two devices. This Screen Mirroring windows 10 feature of wireless transmission, brought about by Wi-Fi Alliance in 2012, can be carried out between any pair of devices. Some examples of such pairings can be a laptop with a TV, a mobile with a laptop, a mobile with a TV, a laptop to another laptop, and many more. Ideally, Miracast is used to project the display from a device with a smaller display to a bigger one. With the help of this guide, you will be able to use Screen Mirroring Windows 10 PCs or laptops.
Steps to use Miracast for Windows 10
As this is a relatively new feature, Microsoft has added the Miracast option only to devices running on Windows 8.1 or higher. This means that the Windows versions before 8.1 do not have this option. So, we cannot install miracast on windows 7. You need to upgrade your windows before using it.
To be able to use Miracast on those devices, an emulator can be downloaded that has an Android version 4.2 or higher. Care needs to be taken that Android 6.0 Marshmallow is not downloaded as this version does not have Miracast. It uses other techniques of screen mirroring windows 10 technologies.
How to Download an Emulator for Windows 10
1. Search for any Android emulator online. Make sure the emulator you are downloading is an Android one. The version should be between 4.2 – 5.1.1 (that is Androids Jelly Bean, KitKat, and Lollipop). Do not download an iOS emulator as Apple does not support Miracast. It has its own AirPlay feature to mirror screens between Apple devices.
2. You can download BlueStacks or NoxPlayer as both of these are widely used and reliable emulators.
3. Once downloaded, set up and install the emulator on your Windows PC. On completion, launch the emulator.
Steps to turn on the Screen Mirroring feature on your Emulator
1. After your launch your Emulator, you will find the settings icon on the home page. Open Settings.
2. Navigate to the ‘Device’ option and click it. From the pop-up menu, select Display.
3. You will see a list of options under Display. At the end of the list, you will find the ‘Cast’ option.
4. Click on Cast. A new window will open up. On the top right-hand corner, you will find a menu. On clicking it, a drop-down list will show up. Click on ‘Enable wireless display’ from the list. On doing so, you have now activated your device’s Miracast settings.
5. Your device will now search for nearby Miracast signal enabled devices to cast its screen upon. The screen will show all the available devices. If the device you want to pair with also has its casting option switched on, it will appear here.
6. Once you locate that device, click on the device name and press Connect. The connection sometimes takes longer than usual and fails several times. You need to keep on trying if that happens or repeat the process afresh.
7. Once the connection is established, you will be able to see the emulator screen of your PC replicated on the connected device.
If your PC runs on Windows 8.1 or higher, follow the steps laid here:
1. With Windows 8.1 or higher, you need not go through the hassle of downloading an emulator. Microsoft allows you to Miracast from the device itself.
2. Click on the action center of your PC. The action center is located just beside the date and time display on the Windows Search bar of your desktop. It looks like a message dialog box
3. On opening it, you will find ‘Connect Device’ among several other options.
4. Click on it. It will automatically start searching for Wireless devices near you. If Miracast is switched on for the device you are trying to cast onto, it will appear here. Click on that device and click ‘Connect’.
5. Alternatively, if you cannot locate the action center of your PC, simply go to your PC settings and click on ‘Devices’.
6. Here you will come across the same process. The PC will search for nearby devices to cast onto. On locating the device, click ‘Connect’. The required connection will be established.
This guide gives a complete description of how to use or how to Download Miracast for PC and connect to other devices for Screen mirroring. You can follow this for all versions of Windows and it should fetch you your desired output.