If you’re into gaming, you probably own a high-end PC. A dedicated gamer must have a graphics card installed. It’s one of the key requirements to be a PC gamer. Well, a graphics card does take PC gaming on a whole different level after all.
Have you ever thought of using your graphics card to its full extent? If yes, then MSI Afterburner is just the right app for you. It’s recognized as one of the best graphics card overclocking software out there. It lets you take full control of your graphics card while increasing its performance to its max potential.
Afterburner has a complete monitoring feature that provides you a detailed overview of your hardware (GPU core and memory clock, temperature, fan speed). You will get a real-time information display on your gaming screen. MSI Afterburner will take your gaming experience to a whole new level. The best part? It’s absolutely free to download for Windows PC.
In this article, we will talk about how to download MSI Afterburner on your Windows PC. But first, let us have a closer look at this awesome application.
About MSI Afterburner
MSI Afterburner is considered one of the best, if not THE BEST graphics utility applications by millions of users over the world. Developed by GPU Manufacturer to provide ultimate graphical performance to the PC gamers. Generally used for overlocking and on-screen monitoring, Afterburner packs other powerful features as well.
Let’s discuss some of the key features of this application. Hopefully, you will understand why it’s on the priority lists of most PC gamers.
Hardware Monitoring: An extensive view of the hardware performance details in real-time. You can monitor the GPU temperature, clock speed, voltage, usage percentage, FPS on an on-screen graph series.
Overclocking: MSI Afterburner’s overclocking allows you to explore and exceed your graphics card limits with ease. This one lets you walk a fine line between best performance and temperature.
Video Capture: The predator add-on captures your in-game matches at a resolution of 1080P.
The FPS Counter: The favorite feature of gamers. Let’s keep a close eye on your GPU performance in an on-screen display while gaming.
OC Scanner: It’s one of the latest features of afterburner. It will automatically set the overclock settings at a stable level for a free performance boost. Currently, it’s only available for the RTX 20 series.
Apart from these, there are other cool features like custom fan profiles, troubleshooting, 64-Bit support, custom skins, and more. It has multi language support as well.
How to Download MSI Afterburner for PC Windows 10,8,7
The most widely used graphics card all across the world that gives the customer full control of their graphics card. MSI Afterburner is completely free of costs and is suitable for all brands of graphic cards. It will help you to take complete control over your graphics card. You do not need an emulator to run MSI Afterburner on your Windows PC. Users have opportunities to download the Afterburn app for their Windows PC, which will allow controlling cards from their phones.
The modern version of the software supports the NVIDIA GeForce 500 and Radeon HD 6000 graphic cards series. Practically, it’s suitable for any brand and any series. The program supports Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 7.
|Latest Version||MSI Afterburner 4.6.2|
|Size||48.37 MB (Approx.)|
|Requirement||Windows Vista, XP, 7, 8, 10|
Follow the simple steps to download MSI Afterburner to your Windows PC
- Visit the MSI’s dedicated website for Afterburn. Click Here.
- Go to the lower portion; you will find the “Download” option. Click on the menu. You can install the Afterburner App if you want to take the leverage of using a mobile phone at your own convenience. This will spare you the hassle of alt-tabbing during your important games.
- Once the downloading procedure is completed, open the MSI Afterburner Setup zip file.
- Now click twice on the file and follow the installation procedure.
- After installation, go to the official Geeks3D website to download the Kombustor. It’s an add-on application for Afterburn. Kombustor is an exclusive benchmarking tool.
- You can Click Here to download as well.
- Run MSI Afterburner once, now click on the cogwheel “Setting” menu.
- Change the default MSI Afterburner skin. You can do it from the “User Interface” tab. It will provide a more clutter-free direct look. This will help you to navigate the utility, and you will get accustomed to it gradually. Other skins are for removing sliders randomly, making them vulnerable for tweaking.
- Now click on “Unlock voltage monitoring” that is present just under the “General tab” and also do not forget to “Unlock voltage monitoring.”
- In case you are operating several GPUs, then have a look at the General tab and select the GPU that you want to overclock from the “Master graphics processor.”
- Last but not least, tweak some of the choices of settings. You can try changing the start-up features, AMD specific properties, and so on. Most users select the default settings. However, the more you explore, the more you unleash.
Commonly Asked Questions About MSI Afterburner
If you have made it this far, you’re probably looking for more information on Afterburner. Well, you are not alone. There are some frequent questions people ask before installing. We have listed them below for your reference.
Are there any hidden charges in MSI Afterburner? No, you do not need to pay any price to get MSI’s Afterburner app. It is a free utility for all dedicated gamers.
Can I use MSI Afterburner PC and the mobile app both at the same time?
Yes, you can do that. However, to use the mobile app properly, make sure the desktop program is running.
Can I use Bluetooth instead of Wi-Fi?
No, this app does not support Bluetooth facilities. You have to connect to Wi-Fi to run this app.
Can I use Afterburner to overclock the integrated graphics of my PC?
Unfortunately, no. Afterburner can only work on a dedicated graphics card.
MSI Afterburner is used and loved by a huge number of gamers all across the globe. It can take your gaming experience to a whole new level. Overclocking gives a massive performance boost to your graphics card. Once you download msi afterburner download for pc, you’ll notice the change yourself. Go for it, don’t hesitate. You’re a gamer, after all!