The Nektony App Cleaner & Uninstaller is a Mac cleaner that requires a 64-bit processor and works with OS ×10.10 version or later. In addition to offering great customer support, it is available in a variety of languages such as English, French, Russian, Spanish, German, Japanese and Chinese.
The highly rated cleaner is easy to navigate and has a simple, pleasant interface that users enjoy. App Cleaner & Uninstaller is designed to perform multiple functions that will leave your Mac working better and faster. With the app you can;
- Uninstall unwanted apps
- Clear broken files or and remove leftovers
- Manage extensions
- Disable unnecessary programs that launch at start-up
- Reset applications to the state of first-launch
Simply download the App Cleaner & Uninstaller for free from the website and you are ready to manage your device. Luckily, the app has a free 7-day trial period for you to explore and discover the app.
Setting up requires you to grant the app two-fold authorization for access. The app requires access to the Applications Folder which contains a complete list of all the applications in your Mac. Further access is required to the Home Folder where the service files of your applications are located.
You grant the cleaner access to these folders by selecting confirm once you are prompted to do so by your device.
Visually, the app has three tabs on the left-hand side marked A, E and R. These are the;
- Applications tab
- Extensions tab
- Remains Tab
Under this tab, you have the option of classifying all the applications under two main categories being; Large and old or All Applications. You can further sort the chosen category in ascending or descending order under name, size, and date.
Regardless of how you choose to group the applications, the App Cleaner & Uninstaller will scan all the applications and provide the results. The results of the scan are displayed in summary on the right-hand side. The summary presents;
- The total number and size of all the applications in your Mac
- The number of unused apps and their total size
- The number of extensions on your device
- The number of apps that launch on start-up
- The number of remnant files
- The total number of extension files
With the App Cleaner & Uninstaller, you are able to delete any of the applications as presented in the results. If you want a more in-depth look at individual applications, select the app of your choice and its details will be made available to you. The details include the size of the app and the different files linked to the app. You have the option to uninstall the selected app.
How do you uninstall an app or remove a file?
Select the app to be deleted and press uninstall. The beauty of the App cleaner & Uninstaller is in how extensive the deletion is. Deleting an app also removes all of its service files as well as the executable item which is presented to you in a confirmation window. By pressing remove, confirmation is received and the app and everything linked to it is completely erased from your device. Deleting via this method does not, therefore, leave any leftover files in your device.
In case the application you choose to uninstall is locked, the App Cleaner & Uninstaller prompts you to key in your username and password to confirm your request.
This tab gives access to all the extension files in the device’s system. The extension files that can be found in your Mac include,
- Launch Agents
- Login Items
- Installation Files
- Web Browser Extensions
- Preference Panes
- Internet Plugins
You have the choice of deleting any or all of these extension files.
App cleaner & Uninstaller makes it possible for you to view and hide the core extensions in your Mac. The cleaner further allows you to disable or enable items that automatically launch when the device starts up. Do this by making use of the switch button which switches these start-up items on or off.
- This tab displays the remains available in your system. These are the remnants left in your device when you opt to remove applications through the trash bin.
- Removing the applications by this method uninstalls the app but does not clear all the files linked to the application. Delete these leftovers by choosing them then selecting remove service file.
- Based on my experience with the App Cleaner & Uninstaller, I understand the positive user feedback. Most cleaners tend to over promise but under deliver and the App Cleaner & Uninstaller do not fall under this category.
- The affordable price you are requested to pay once the trial period is over is worth the benefits and features you receive from the app. Your Mac will work better and respond faster as a result of the cleared space.