Notability for Windows PC – Is it Possible?
Notability is a great note taking app that is available on both iOS and Mac devices. What if you want to use it on your Windows computer? In this blog post, we will show you how to download Notability for Windows
Notability is a note-taking application that’s easy for anyone to use. It has all of the features you need in one place, from lecture notes and grocery lists alike!
Notability for Windows – Is it Possible?
Unfortunately, the official app is only available for iOS devices, which means that Windows users are out of luck. However, there are a few workarounds that can help you get Notability on your Windows PC. One option is to use an emulator like Nox or Bluestacks., which allows you to run Notability on Windows PC.
Method 1 – Download Notability for Windows 11 & 10 using Nox Emulator
Nox player is a free android emulator that lets you download and use android games or apps on your windows PC. It’s compatible with all versions of windows, including 32-bit or 64 bit–making it very stable! The user interface has been designed so simply anyone can operate them easily without any trouble at all .
- Download and install Nox Player on your Windows PC.
- Run “Nox Player” and log in to your Google account.
- Search for “Notability” in the Google Play Store and install the app.
- Once installed, you can launch Notability from the “All Apps” section of Nox Player.
Method 2 – Download Notability for Windows using VirtualBox
As the official variant of this application, developed by gingerlabs.com, is not available in the Chrome WebStore or Google Play store.
Step 1 – To get Notability app for windows you first need emulate MacOS on your windows computer only if it is Intel supported.
Step 2 – This process requires you to run macOS on your virtual Windows PC. You can enable this feature by downloading Oracle Virtual Box that is readily available across all online resources.
Step 3 – The Oracle Virtual Box loads iOS on to your virtual machine, allowing you to run Mac Operating System on your Windows PC or laptop.
Step 4 – Once running, you can access the Apple Store and easily download the application which will take not more than a few minutes to install.
Step 5 -That’s it. Now you can enjoy Notability on Windows 10.
Method 3 – Download Notability App for Windows 10 using iPadian Emulator
Notability is one of the most popular note-taking apps available, and it’s especially popular with students and professionals who need to take digital notes. The app is only available on iOS devices like the iPhone and iPad, but you can use an emulation program like iPadian to run Notability on your Windows computer. Here’s how to do it:
Step 1: Download iPadian from www.ipadian.net. This is a free program that allows you to emulate iOS apps on your Windows computer.
Step 2: Install iPadian and launch the program. When it opens, you’ll see a simulated iPad home screen.
Step 3: Click on the App Store icon. When the App Store opens, type “Notability” into the search bar and press Enter.
Step 4: Click on the Get button next to the Notability listing. This will start the download and installation process.
Step 5: Once Notability is installed, click on the app icon to launch it. You can now create digital notes just as you would on an iPhone or iPad.
Key Features of Notability
- Notability is a note-taking application that can also be used for sketching and creating multi-media notes.
- The app includes a corpus of features that can enhance your notes. Some of them include drawing tools like ink and highlighters.
- Others include adding text of varied fonts and styles. Journaling is also offered through this app. For a holistic experience of note-taking, you can also incorporate audio clippings and multimedia to your notes via Notability.
- The app brings to the table the ability to highlight reference documents or scanned pages which can then be placed side-by-side your notes for a better understanding of the subject matter in concern.
- To substantiate your notes, you can add links to webpages, add images, or even GIFs. Notability also facilitates group study sessions by coming up with the option of group notes.
- The way it works is, every user needs to be connected to the iCloud and the notes page is demarcated with divisions allotted for each user to take notes on. The notes can then be shared across them easily.
- Notability is nuanced with security to protect user data. You can secure your notes using Face ID or Touch ID.
- The record audio option is a boon for students, particularly those who want to record lectures to review it later.
- Notability also offers a presentation mode which helps in delivering a talk. A hidden note system keeps your notes hidden from the audience while you deliver the presentation.
- You can engage with your audience better-using pointing tools such as the most commonly used laser pointer.
- The multi-note feature allows you to make notes on two separate documents at the same time. Notability also provides outlines, interactive checkboxes, and text boxes.
- Notability also ensures your notes are properly stored on iCloud and synced across all your devices so that you can refer to it at any given time, from anywhere in the world. It also conducts auto-backups regularly to make sure you do not miss out on updating any of your notes. With more themes and templates available, notes are tailor-made for every occasion, be it a classroom lecture, or a business meeting.
5 Apps like Notability for Windows
Although there are many different note-taking apps available on the market, Notability is one of the most popular choices for iOS users. However, if you’re looking for an app with similar features that is compatible with Windows, you have a few different options to choose from. Here are 5 best options available;
- Evernote: Evernote is one of the most popular note taking apps. It is available for free with paid premium features. It offers features like syncing notes across devices, creating notebooks, sharing notes, and more.
- OneNote: OneNote from Microsoft is another excellent alternative to Notability. It is available for free with paid premium features. It offers features like creating notebooks, syncing notes across devices, sharing notes, and more.
- Bear: Bear is a relatively new note taking app that has been getting rave reviews. It is available for free with paid premium features. It offers features like creating beautiful notes, tagging, attaching files, and more.
- Google Keep: Google Keep is a simple but effective note taking app from the tech giant Google. It is available for free on all platforms. It offers features like creating notes, adding to-do lists, setting reminders, and more.
- Simplenote: Simplenote is a minimalist note taking app that is available for free on all platforms. It offers features like syncing notes across devices, creating notebooks, sharing notes, and more.
Notability has revolutionized how day-to-day notes are taken and filled it with multimedia which was unthinkable before. With a paperless platform as Notability is, it proves to be extremely eco-friendly and provides users with more than enough storage space to virtually organize and stack their notes in an orderly fashion. Following the process mentioned above, you can also enjoy Notability for Windows with ease.