Orbot for Windows: Orbot VPN, like any other top-notch VPN in the market, gives you the much-needed security and protection while you are surfing the Internet. With the help of Orbot VPN, you can change your location to anywhere in the world and thereby preserve your anonymity. The signal bounces off several computers across several locations and makes it difficult to track it back to you. Orbot VPN, although currently only available as an app in Google Play Store for Android smartphones, can also be downloaded and used for Windows PCs with the help of the steps listed below. As it is understandable that users generally use their PCs or laptops more often than smartphones while surfing the web, this article will come in handy to secure your identity and browsing data.
How to Download Orbot for Windows 10
1. The easiest and widely used way to download Orbot VPN or any other smartphone app for that matter is by downloading an emulator. The basic work of an emulator is to duplicate a system’s functions and processes onto another system.
2. There are several emulators available online. As Orbot VPN is an Android-based application, you will need to download an Android emulator for this purpose. The most widely used Android emulator is BlueStacks. You can either use this emulator or any other emulator of your choice.
3. After downloading the emulator, install the ‘.exe’ file. Once the emulator launches, you will find the Google Play Store app preinstalled on the homepage. Open the app store.
4. At this stage, the app store will ask you for your login credentials before you can browse and download any app. If you already have a registered email with Play Store, you can use that. Otherwise, you will need to create a new account and complete the short registration process.
5. Once you have successfully signed in, you will thereafter get unrestricted access to all the content of the Play Store. To download Orbot VPN, simply search for the app on the search bar and then install it.
6. After installation, the icon of Orbot VPN will appear on the homepage. Launch it and start securely surfing the web.
Notable Features of Orbot VPN for PC
· Orbot VPN uses Tor, a free and open network software to provide users with secure browsing. Tor helps you keep your internet history confidential by bouncing off your Internet data through several servers across the world. This breaks the network surveillance pattern and gives your anonymity.
· The app is supported by all versions of Android, even by the systems powered by Android 4.0 or lower. Consequently, updated versions of the app are compatible with the latest Android versions as well.
· Orbot VPN powered by TOR has been critically acclaimed by media houses across the world. The app has received a special mention from the New York Times that says any network coming from TOR can never really be traced back. Tor won the “2012 Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) Pioneer Award” as well.
· Orbot stands out from average VPNs and proxies that are doing the rounds. This VPN takes extra care that your virtual location is also bounced several times before you search the web unlike directly connecting you to the internet with other proxies.
· If required, you also have the option of using Orbot Tor for other apps in your phone or PC if the app has an enabled proxy setting. By using this feature, you can make sure that your app data is also secure ad protected.
· As this app is open-source software that is free of cost, you can have a look at the source code of Orbot VPN through the following link: https://gitweb.torproject.org/orbot.git. If you are a developer, you can also contribute here and be a part of the extended family.
· This app runs and updates itself with the help of feedback. Therefore, if you find any fault or glitches in the software, make sure to leave feedback for the team of developers to look into the matter.
A good quality VPN is always required to conduct confidential business or simply shield yourself from getting private data exposed. You can now download Orbot for Windows without an iota of doubt regarding web security. As most of the surfing is done on PCs and laptops, this app will be a remarkable addition to your systems.