If you are looking for an application that allows you to make aesthetic paintings and enhances your sketches on a digital canvas that is packed with an enormous brush and colour library to choose from, Procreate is your go-to. It is available both as an iPad software and as an iPhone application, which goes by the name of Procreate Pocket. You can easily download Procreate for Windows PCs by following the simple methods given below.
Steps to Download Procreate for Windows
· As Procreate is not readily available as an application to be downloaded from the Chrome Webstore, an emulator has to be downloaded first that will load the macOS onto your PC’s virtual machine.
· You can download Oracle VirtualBox Manager or VMware Player as your emulator. Both of these emulators are the most popular ones available online.
· At this point, you will also require a copy of the macOS to be able to emulate successfully. To facilitate this process, you can install macOS High Sierra in your virtual machine, the likes of which is also available readily on any online resource.
· Once the emulator is successfully installed, you can log in to your macOS and download Procreate from Apple Store. While several other emulators can be used, this process is simpler and hassle-free.
Some Windows-Compatible Alternatives to Procreate
· Adobe Photoshop is an ever-green software used and recommended by designers
· Krita is another strong contender of Procreate. The application is compatible with Windows, Linux, and Mac.
· ArtRage is a new Windows and Android-based application that is quickly gaining popularity amongst painters and artists because of its extremely user-friendly User Interface.
· Corel Painter is also another hefty alternative to Procreate that has earned its painting credibility through the years. It is available for both Windows and Mac users.
Sketch your way to creativity
· Procreate is the perfect all-encompassing digital art studio that lets you make intuitive sketches, beautiful paintings, attractive illustrations and intelligent animations.
· Procreate is officially available in two variants. Procreate for iPad, as the name suggests, is for iPad users and Procreate Pocket is supported in iPhones and other Apple devices. However, with the methods stated above, Windows users can mellifluously use this application as well.
· To enhance your drawing experience, Procreate comes loaded with a brush library which consists of various artistic brush designs, pencils, and charcoals.
· Brushes can be also be customized according to your drawing requirements through the Brush Studio. Simultaneously, you can download several brush templates from the mentioned studio as well.
· Procreate adds aesthetics to your drawing by including an enhanced colour library which allows you to mix and match every colour combination you require. By touching and holding onto your canvas, Colour Companion pop up and aids in keeping you out of menus.
· Colour Harmony and Colour Companion are two features that intuitively engage in assisting you in choosing background colours to complement your drawing or sketches. The Colour Panel can be used as a drag and move toolbar to navigate across your painting.
· You can undo an action by tapping on the screen using two fingers.
· You can redo an action similarly by using three fingers. To hide your User Interface by simply tapping using four fingers.
· Quick Shape assists you in drawing perfect shapes. It identifies the shape you are drawing on the digital canvas and makes sure the dimensions of the drawn shape are perfectly adjusted.
· The Colour Drop feature fills in a specific region of your painting with the required colour by a simple gesture.
· Adding text to your artwork has been made simpler than ever before with the help of full font control. You can choose various font styles, sizes and typography to make text stand out in design on your canvas.
Procreate Pocket – Paint on the go
· Powered by Silica M, a state-of-the-art painting engine, you can create rich and fluid paintings from anywhere in the world using your mobile or laptop.
· The Layer system allows you to paint on several layers which can then be overlapped to create a subtle painting. Layers prove to be extremely beneficial when correcting errors. You can even export the painting layer by layer as PNG files, or even GIFs and MP4 files.
Procreate has redefined the drawing and sketching experience for users through artificially intelligent brush and colour studios. Even though Procreate is officially available for Apple users only, you can easily download Procreate on your Windows PCs and laptops and enjoy the same features. Do not let your Operating System decide how good your digital drawing will be! Go ahead and Procreate!