The Roku Software remote app is a comprehensive streaming solution that transforms your mobile into a second remote for better control over your videos and multimedia streams. The app enhances the viewer’s experience by providing users with a powerful extension of the streaming controls in the palm of their hands in the form of a smartphone.
Officially Roku App is only available in two variants, that is Roku Software for Android and iOS users. This article, however, gives you an alternative to make your PCs and laptops a hub for streaming by downloading the Roku app for PC.
How to Download Roku App for PC Windows 10
1. To be able to successfully download and run Roku Software on your smartphones, you will require an emulator to replicate either the Android or iOS environment on your systems.
2. You can use Bluestacks or iPadian the two of the most used emulators for pc.
Also Read – DS Emulators for PC 2020
There are several other emulators available online. You can use any one of them and they should ideally all give you your desired results.
3. After downloading an emulator and installing the .exe file, the Roku remote app will be available in the app stores of both Android and iOS systems respectively.
4. Upon opening the app store, you will be asked to log in before you are allowed to download any app. If you do not already have an account, you will be required to sign up at this stage.
5. After signing up, you can simply search for the app and install it on your PCs.
Key features of the Roku Software Streaming Experience
· After syncing your Roku devices with the Roku application, you can search and navigate through all your media with the help of your phone itself.
· Your phone gets converted into a second remote, with the display on the phone duplicating that of a real remote. You can skip, pause, and control volume knobs from there.
· With the help of Private Listening, you can listen to songs and audios as loud as you want without disturbing anyone else in the room. All you are required to do is plug in your headphones to the app from where you want to listen. You can also add up to three other people to your private listening group.
· Sharing photos, videos, and other multi-media from your phone to TV has been made very simple. Once you have uploaded an image or a video to the Roku Software app of your phone, you can use the share option to immediately share it with the connected TV.
How does it work?
1. The first step of the set up is to plug in the HDMI cable that comes with Roku devices to your smart TV.
2. The Roku Product that you are using then needs to have an active Internet connection to be able to browse and access videos online.
3. The TV, after plugging in with the Roku device, will ask for a registration. The registration includes creating a new account and thereafter activating your account. Your account will come with a monthly or annual registration fee or subscription.
4. You can watch all major streaming platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime, BBC iPlayer and Google Play Movies and TV from your Roku account. The Roku video library also has several hundred movies and web series that you can stream as well.
How to search for a movie title or Web series?
The Roku app is extremely user-friendly in this regard. Every Roku device comes with a Roku remote with which you can simply navigate and search for your movie or content. Additionally, you can also download the Roku app in your smartphones or your PCs and laptop (as indicated in this article) and use it to navigate on your TV. The intuitive power of Roku Software Search is that it indicates to users where they can find a particular content for free or the lowest price possible. For example, Roku TV allows free streaming of content on Sky News, Red Bull TV, and TV player amongst many others.
The Roku App brings to its users a revolutionized streaming experience by converting their phones and TVs into streaming avenues for great content that is either free or has a minimal cost attached to it. Even though the app is mostly smartphone-based, this article helps you explore an alternative PC version to it, to facilitate even better user interface and bring out complete satisfaction of viewers.