The Roku Software remote app has redefined streaming by turning your mobile device into a convenient secondary remote. This comprehensive solution provides enhanced control over multimedia streams, augmenting your viewer experience. While Roku App is officially available for Android and iOS, there’s an alternative way to convert your PCs and laptops into streaming hubs by downloading the Roku app for PC.
Step-by-Step Guide: How to Download Roku App for PC on Windows 10
Step 1: Choose Your Emulator
To successfully download and run the Roku Software on your PC, you’ll need an emulator to replicate either the Android or iOS environment. Popular emulators include Bluestacks for Android and iPadian for iOS.
Step 2: Download the Emulator
Several other emulators are available online, so choose one that fits your needs. After downloading an emulator and installing the .exe file, the Roku remote app will be accessible in the app stores of both Android and iOS systems.
Step 3: Access the App Store
Open the emulator’s app store. You’ll be asked to log in before you can download any app. If you don’t already have an account, you’ll need to sign up.
Step 4: Install Roku App
After signing up, search for the Roku app and install it on your PC.
Key Features of Roku App for PC
The Roku App offers several powerful features:
- Enhanced Control: Sync your Roku devices with the Roku app to search and navigate all your media directly from your phone.
- Second Remote: Transform your phone into a secondary remote, duplicating the controls of a physical remote.
- Private Listening: Use Private Listening to enjoy audios at high volume without disturbing others, simply by plugging your headphones into the app.
- Media Sharing: Share photos, videos, and other multi-media from your phone to your TV with ease.
How Does the Roku App for PC Work?
- Setup: Plug in the HDMI cable that comes with Roku devices to your smart TV.
- Internet Connection: Your Roku device needs an active internet connection to browse and access videos online.
- Registration: The TV, after connecting with the Roku device, will ask for registration which includes creating a new account and activating your account.
- Streaming Platforms: You can watch all major streaming platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime, BBC iPlayer, and Google Play Movies and TV from your Roku account.
Frequently Asked Questions About Roku App for PC
Can you watch Roku on your computer?
Yes! You can stream channels live on your screen using a USB cord and the Roku app for PC. This is compatible with numerous platforms including Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Prime Video, and HBO GO/NOW.
Is there a Roku app for Windows?
Absolutely! By following the guide above, you can access your favorite channels including Netflix, Hulu Plus, and HBO Go on Windows via the Roku app.
How to search for a movie title or Web series?
Use your Roku remote or Roku app to navigate and search for your desired content. The Roku Software Search points users to where they can find specific content for free or at the lowest price possible.
The Roku App for PC revolutionizes the streaming experience, converting phones, and TVs into avenues for premium content. By using your PC version, you can further enhance the user interface and maximize viewer satisfaction. Download the Roku App for PC today to discover an unparalleled streaming experience.