If you are looking for an exciting live-streaming app for your TV, we have just what you need. Gaining fast popularity among the US audience, Sling TV offers a massive variety of entertainment content to the audience based in the US. It has even been said that Sling TV is the most effective replacement for old-age cable connections.
With a fantastic collection of channels and live streaming options, you can also access the amazing Sling TV by signing up for its free trial. In this article, we will discuss how to access the free trial for Sling TV on your device and how you can access its features on your device before purchasing a paid subscription.
Introduction to Sling TV: Features and Benefits
The Sling TV app has many features and provides the best entertainment experience. Below are some of the most frequently discussed aspects of Sling TV-
- One of the best features of Sling TV is its DVR service. You can now easily record or pause live content to suit your needs. Even though there is a limitation on how much recording Sling TV allows, you can still record up to 50 hours of content on a single plan. Interestingly, Sling TV offers an extended plan with up to 200 hours of storage space at a mere $5 monthly rental.
- You can have multiple screens streaming on the same plan. With a paid subscription to Sling Blue, you can create and watch on three screens simultaneously. Even better if you combine your Sling Blue with the basic Sling Orange offers a single-screen option with three additional screens to watch content.
- With a combined Sling Orange and Sling Blue package, you get a lot of other excellent services. It includes a complete sports channel package with ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, NFL Network, Stadium and FS1 at a mere rental of $50 per month. If you want to add further to your list of sports content, you can also opt for their Sports Extra subscription, which offers over 10+ great channels at an $11 per month rental.
- If you go for the Sling Orange package, you can access ACC Network, ESPNU, Pac 12 Networks, Longhorn Network, and ten other excellent channels. However, you must pay an additional $11 monthly for these premium channels.
Sling TV Subscription Cost: How Much Should You Expect to Pay?
The Sling TV app is a cheap live-streaming option that costs less than other streaming apps like Peacock TV. The Sling TV is available in three package subscriptions based on customer needs.
- The first one is Sling Orange which offers over 30 streaming channels with a significant chunk of sports channels. This monthly subscription plan is $40 and offers significant sports channels such as ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, etc. Interestingly, you also get kids’ entertainment channels in this package, including Nick Jr, Cartoon Network and Disney Channel.
- Sling Blue is another subscription plan available on Sling TV. With a $40 monthly rental, Sling Blue offers 40+ channels with entertainment and current news. You get HLN, Fox News, NBC, MSNBC, FX, TruTV, SyFy, etc. There are also some sports channels added to this package, such as
- ES1, NFL Network etc. So, it is a good choice for anyone with multiple interests.
- The third is a combo pack of the above two- Sling Orange and Sling Blue. Priced at a $55 monthly rental, the Sling Orange and Blue pack offers all entertainment, sports, and news channels, totalling 50+ channels to watch. And this is a great money-saver package compared to other options like Hulu+.
Exploring Sling TV Free Trial: Availability and Duration
Sadly, Sling TV does not offer a free trial right now. However, you can still go for the first month’s deal with over a $25 discount. Now, you must note that even though there is no way of going through a free trial, you can get free content and live streaming ranging up to thousands of hours.
All you need is an account set up on the Sling TV app, which requires you to pay zero rentals and does not ask for credit card details. Once registered, you can access the free content without having a subscription package for Sling TV. Also, there is no limitation on how long you can access the free content on Sling TV.
How to Sign up for Sling TV Free Trial
As the text above mentions, Sling TV is currently not offering free trials. Yet, whenever the free trials are available, you can follow the below steps to sign up for a free trial-
- Go to the official Sling TV website and the subscription options – Sling Orange, Sling Blue, and Sling Orange & Blue.
- Hover on one of these subscription options, Sling Orange and click on the button that reads – Try Us Free or Get This Offer.
- Register for a new account by adding your credentials and selecting the subscription package.
- Go through the additional channels and select the ones you want to be added to your plan at extra charges. You can get CMT, Epix, or sign up for Starz and Showtime.
- Once this is done, click on the Continue button.
- Now, enter your card details in the payment section. You should also select the reminder option on top and click on it. Make sure you’d like to pay for Sling. It will help you have an automated payment time in future.
After this, the subscription process is done, and you can now access all channels under your Sling TV subscription.
Steps to Activate Your Sling TV Free Trial
If you have a device compatible with Sling TV, you will not need to go online and sign up on the website. Instead, you can download the app for Sling TV on your device. For many of these compatible devices, Sling TV offers a free trial option for first-time users. You can activate the offer by accessing the app and selecting the Watch for seven days free option to start the free trial for seven days on the app.
However, since the app will require you to add payment details when you sign up, cancel the subscription before the trial ends to avoid any charges deduction against your card.
Device Compatibility with Sling TV: Check Before You Subscribe
It is crucial to check that your device is compatible with the Sling TV app before you get a paid subscription for yourself. Below is a list of devices that are compatible with Sling-
- Android TV, tablets, and smartphones
- Amazon Fire TV
- Mac PC, Apple TV, and other iOS-based devices
- Smart TVs such as LG, Samsung, Vizio
- Roku TV
- Windows 10 and above PC
After the First Month of Sling TV Discount: What Happens Next?
Once the free month of discounted Sling TV subscription is completed, the subscription prices will come back to the original rentals, and you will be charged for the month accordingly. The charges will depend on whether you have selected Sling Orange, Sling Blue, or Sling Orange & Blue combo.
So, if you do not wish to continue with the original monthly rentals, you should probably cancel the subscription before the next month’s rentals are deducted.
Limitations of Sling TV Free Trial
The Sling TV trial comes with a lot of limitations. Here are some things that you should know you won’t get when you start your Sling TV free trial-
- Most of the Sling TV free trial content is locked and can only be accessed by paid subscribers, including popular TV channels.
- You will have to add your card details to start the free trial, and if you forget to cancel the subscription before the trial ends, you will end up with a payment deduction from your account.
- The free trial is only sometimes available; currently, Sling TV is not offering trials anymore. If you are trying to get a subscription currently, you will not be able to avail free trial options.
Comparison of pricing and channel selection with other streaming services
Here is a comparison of the pricing and channel selection of Sling TV with other popular streaming services-
|Streaming service||Sling Orange||Sling Blue||YouTube TV||Hulu||DirectTV|
Advantages and disadvantages of Sling TV compared to competitors
Sling TV offers some fantastic services and has many advantages-
- One of the most affordable live streaming service providers, Sling TV, offers subscription plans starting at $35 per month, depending on the offers and rental packages available.
- If you go for the Sling Orange & Blue combo plan, you can access a simultaneous watching option on multiple screens and have up to four screens simultaneously.
- As a Sling user, you get access to 50 hours of free DVR storage, and if you want more, you can add DVR Plus at an additional cost of $5 per month and have 200 hours of additional storage. You also get to fast-forward through any ads while watching TV on Sling.
- Sling TV works with almost all devices and is an excellent compatible option for your TV.
While Sling TV offers some excellent services, it also has some disadvantages that you must remember-
- Sling TV only offers a few local channels in its subscription and hence may even lag compared to a cable connection.
- Compared to other streaming services, Sling TV has lesser channels to offer in their subscription package. Although you can get these channels on Sling, you must pay additional charges for each channel.
- Even though Sling TV is compatible with most devices, you should avoid using it with TV sticks, and android TVs with low power, as it can create quality issues with your live streaming.
- Unlike other streaming services, Sling TV offers significantly less DVR time, i.e., 50 hours, and is not helpful if you want to record multiple seasons in a go. Plus, the additional cost of more sound recording hours makes it less appealing.
Duration and restrictions of the free trial period
A free trial on Sling TV lasts up to 7 days, and once the trial period is over, you will be charged the subscription charges for that month. Although most of the content is available during the free trial, you can only access several channels afterwards. The additional paid channels can only be accessed when the subscription plan starts.
Available channels and content during the trial
Since no free trials are available currently, there is no defined list of available channels or content for what is offered during the Sling TV free trial.
Cancellation Process and Potential Charges
If you want to cancel your Sling TV subscription, follow the below steps-
- Go to the Sling website and login into your account.
- Go to the My Account section and click the Cancel Subscription option.
- Confirm the cancellation and add feedback confirming the reason for leaving Sling.
After this, you will receive an email confirming the cancellation of your subscription. If you do not receive an email, remember to contact the support team at Sling TV to check that the cancellation has been processed.
Conclusion: Is Sling TV Free Trial Worth It for You?
If you are in the US or can access the free trial for Sling TV, you must try it. It does not cost you money, and it is always entertaining. It would help to consider whether other streaming services are worth the money. Also, if you are specifically looking at a low-budget streaming service, Sling TV subscriptions are the way to go.